TRANSFORMING NURSING PRACTICE THROUGH RESEARCH AND DISSEMINATION
March 10th , 11th & 12th , 2017
Greetings from Aster Malabar Institute of Medical
Sciences Ltd and MIMS Academy!!!
MIMS College of Nursing invites you to participate in the 6th National Conference on ‘Transforming Nursing Practice through Research and Dissemination’ which will be held on 10th ,11th and 12th March, 2017 at Calicut, “the city of Zamorins” and “the God's own country”. Scientific sessions will provide you with a wide variety of educational and networking opportunities.
This 3 days deliberations have internationally and nationally recognized speakers, paper and poster presentations and workshops that will enhance your ability to transform nursing practice through research and dissemination.
Aim: To promote evidence based practice in various fields of nursing and to have dialogue about research, evidence based practice and quality improvement and knowledge development of nursing as a profession.
The target group for the conference are nurse researchers, nurse educators, health care professionals and nursing students in Masters and Doctoral programmes and researchers interested in interdisciplinary and inter professional research.
PRECONFERENCE (DAY 1)
Workshop: Bio statistical approach for evidence synthesis to inform health.
- Sub Themes
- Use and understanding of casual methods in clinical research.
- Bio statistical methods in epidemiologyregression analysis.
- Bio statistical analysis- software.
CONFERENCE (DAY 2 & DAY 3)
- Sub Themes
- Nurse scientist as a knowledge broker.
- Research, a via medium for sustainable improvement of nursing science and practice.
- Multidisciplinary / inter professional research
- Evidence based practice.
• Describe nurse scientists contributions in discovery and dissemination of solutions to promote nursing science and practice/nursing profession.
• Propose strategies to connect healthcare and science in advancing quality of care for individuals, families and communities.
• Examine diverse programmes of research in which a nursing perspective lead the way to knowledge development or bridge the gaps in knowledge development.
• Explore theoretical and methodological perspectives of nursing research for sustainable improvement of nursing science.
• Develop collegial opportunities to build integrated programmes of research and practice.
On behalf of MIMS Academy & MIMS College of Nursing we invite your gracious presence to the conference on “Transforming Nursing Practice through Research and Dissemination” on 10th, 11th and 12th March, 2017.
Join nurse researchers and clinicians for an opportunity to present your research findings and learn about exciting research done by other nurses.
Opening keynote speaker:
• Prof. Prasannakumari Y, DDNE, Govt of Kerala.
Plenary session speakers:
• Dr. Rekha Ogale, Professor, Ras Al Khaimah Medical University, UAE.
• Dr. Ajithkumar, Dean Research, KUHS
• Dr. Usha Ukande Mullick, President NRSI.
• Prof. Abanti Gopan, EBN Specialist, Nursing Consultant, Guest Faculty for PG Nursing programs, NABH Assessor.
• Dr. Babban Jee, Scientist C, Dept.of Health Research, Ministry of Health &Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
• Dr. Reddemma K, Nodal Officer, National Ph.D. Consortium (INC), Bangalore.
• Dr. B. Unnikrishnan, Associate Dean & Professor, Dept. Of Community Medicine, KMC, Mangaluru.
• Dr. Latha Venkidesh, Principal,Apollo College of Nursing , Chennai.
• Dr. Sreedevi T R, Assoc. Professor, Govt. College of Nursing, Kottayam.
• Ms. Shejila, Research Scholar, Manipal CON, Manipal University.
• Technical preconference workshop.
• Awards for peer reviewed podium and poster presentations by Doctoral students.
• Awards for BSc / MSc - oral and poster presentations
• Opportunities to network with colleagues from academic and clinical settings.
• CNE credit from Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council
Dr. Assuma Beevi T.M.
Joint Director MIMS Academy & Principal, MIMS CON.
Ms. Isha S
Associate Professor, MIMS CON.
|Eligibility||Registered candidates||Registered candidates|
|Awards||Best paper||Best poster|
|Certificates||All Participants||All Participants|
|Size||350 words,Times New Roman (12),Use IMRD format||100 cm X100cm|
|Evaluation criteria||Relevance of topic, Presentation||Relevance of topic,Face value|
|Presentation Time||5-8 minutes||------|
• Scientific papers relevant to the theme of the conference are preferred
Abstract / Title must contain the following details:
• Name of Authors, Department, Institution, address with e- mail id and signature of the author
• Abstract/ Title should reach the Chairperson, Scientific committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 30th January 2017.
• Accepted Abstracts intimated by 12th Feb, 2017 through mail.
|Early Bird(Rs/-)DD payment on or before||Late / Spot(Rs/-)|
|Pre Conference and conference||3000/-||4000/-|
|Fee is payable as DD in
favor of National
College of Nursing,
Payable at Calicut.
Fee does not include accommodation charges
Day II- morning Tea, Lunch, Evening Tea and Dinner
Day III- morning Tea, Lunch and Evening Tea
- Registration Form- Download Form
- Telephone- 04832832992
- Registration- Ms. Sushmi, Mob: 09495611138
- Scientific Committee- Ms. Soumya Jacob, Mob: 8281865091