The IQAC (Internal Quality Assessment Cell) of MIMS College of Nursing was established on 20.03.2014 for nurturing the Institutional quality. The First cycle of NAAC assessment was completed following which certified as ‘B’ grade on 14.02.2014. MIMS College of Nursing is the first NAAV accredited nursing college in Kerala.The prime responsibility of IQAC is to initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in the institution.
The Primary Aim of IQAC:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Strategies of IQAC
- To Ensure timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative tasks
- To initiate relevant and quality academic/ research programmes
- To provide equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- To integrate modern methods of teaching and learning and monitor its effect on the student’s performance
- To maintain the credibility of assessment and evaluation process
- To share research findings and networking with other institutions in India
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC
Action Taken Report